Thursday, February 20, 2020

Sunday's - Louisa - Central VA Regional Tournament

Hello CWC Parents,

  Following will be information for our Central Virginia Regional Tournament hosted at Louisa High School this weekend.  
  • Location
    • Louisa County High School
    • 757 Davis Hwy, Mineral, VA 23117
  • Time
    • Weigh -ins
      • EVERYONE must weigh in prior to the tournament at Louisa High School.  For those of you that have only participated in scrambles this is an added step.  Please arrive at Louisa High School between 7:00 - 8:00 am.  If your wrestler is not in line by 8:00 am he/she will not be allowed to wrestle.  
    • Wrestling
      • The plan is to start wrestling by 9:00 am if not sooner.  For those new to wrestling it is a rare occasion for tournaments to start on time.  There are a lot of moving parts.  My guess is we start wrestling between 9:00 am - 9:30 am.  
  • Singlets
    • Singlets are not required.  If you have one I would suggest wearing it though.  Wrestling shoes are needed and headgear is encouraged, but not required. If your wrestler has braces he/she will need a mouth guard.
  • Team Warm Ups
    • I will be there and try my best to get us a CWC corner to consolidate in.  As soon as possible, after weigh-ins, I will start warming the team up.  We will warm up for 20-30 minutes before clearing the mats for the start of the tournament. 
  • Snacks
    • I will have some snacks for our wrestlers and a cooler with some drinks.  Any wrestler is free to help themselves to the snacks.  You and your wrestler are responsible for any dietary limitations/restrictions.  
  • Registration
    • IMPORTANT - You MUST be pre-registered through Track Wrestling prior to arriving at the tournament. Here is the link https://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/TW_Register.jsp?tournamentGroupId=182043132  If you have any questions about how to register through Track wrestling please reach out asap.  I have attached my Track Wrestling "how to" document to this e-mail.  Once you have a Track Wrestling profile you will need to register for the "Central Region Youth Tournament".  Payment can be processed online through Track Wrestling.  I am a little concerned that not everyone who is planning on participating has completed registration yet.  Our team Google Spreadsheet (used for club purposes) shows over 20+ wrestlers planning on going.  When I looked at the list of CWC wrestlers registered through Track Wrestling we only have 16 wrestlers registered.  If you did not select CWC as your club team when you registered then it's possible you're not showing up in my search.  Once you have registered you should have received a confirmation e-mail from Track Wrestling.  Here is the list of wrestlers that have registered through Track Wrestling as a CWC member.  

    • If you have any questions please give me a call.  (434) 960-3372.  I will be at the UVA - vs - UNC wrestling match tomorrow night as well from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm if you plan to be there you can grab me then.  
  • Thank you!
    • I know this seems like a lot, but as you newer parents get acclimated to this process it will get easier...I promise.  I have a couple very busy days between now and Sunday, but please call with any questions or concerns.  This is going to be a great event for our club to attend and I can't tell you how happy the coaching staff is at the number of wrestlers we will have out this year.  I believe, if memory serves, we had 7-8 wrestlers last year.  We're looking at over 20 for this year.  
Have a great weekend, 
--
Rory Bosek
Cell - (434) 960-3372