|Cavalier Wrestling Club family,|
The Cavalier Wrestling Club's first annual "Kick Off" dinner is quickly approaching! The event will be on Friday, Oct 20th at the Graduate Hotel located at 1309 West Main Street, Charlottesville, Va 22903.
We are excited for the cavalier family to enjoy a night of socialization as we reminisce on past memories and bond about our collective vision for the future. As a special treat, 2017 NCAA Finalist George Dicamillo will speak about his experiences with the club during his time here at The University of Virginia.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Registration for the Fall session is now open!!! The K-8 program will be on Mondays and Thursdays from 18 Sept-16 Nov. We look forward to seeing the kids back on the mat!!!
Sign your child up at the link below to train with some of the top coaches in the nation!!!
James T. Burns, Ph.D.
Monday, April 3, 2017
A couple of updates:
- We are continually trying to improve and give the kids the best experience possible. An important part of this is trying to gather feedback, please reach out to Jimmy Burns and Tommy Mello to provide feedback on:
o What went well?
o What could be improved?
o Ideas for future sessions?
- I want to acknowledge and thank all of the parent volunteers that helped out with many different aspects of the club this year. Your support was greatly appreciated.
o We will be setting up some more formal roles for parent participation for the upcoming year and we hope that we will have similarly enthusiastic participation.
- Even though the season is over please consider continuing to support the CWC via the Kroger Card reward program.
o 1. Get a Krogers card
o 2. Go to Krogers.com and create an account
o 3. Click on "community" the tab at the top. Go to Kroger community rewards
o 4. Go to enroll or re-enroll now
o 5. Go to Edit
o 6. Search for Cavalier wrestling club or enter 93606
o 7. The enrollment needs to be renewed every year.
o DETAILS: Once you have enrolled 5% of everything you buy(except gas) is donated to the Cavalier Wrestling Club. Often they will have deals such as double rewards when buying gift cards etc. If you buy $100 in groceries the club gets $5.
I hope that you all have a great off season. For those of you with kids that want to stay on the mat, the Spring Session is underway, there will be the UVA camps this summer, and we will have a Fall Session. Please see the web-site for announcements and details.
Friday, March 17, 2017
125 lbs (first weight class) true freshman #10 Jack Mueller vs #6 Ethan Lizak (Minnesota). Lizak beat Jack earlier this season.
141 lbs (3rd weight class) senior #6 George DiCamillo vs #10 Bryce Meredith (Wyoming). I don't think they ever wrestled before.
Currently in sixth place
Scholastic Program Director
Cavalier Wrestling Club
Cavalier Wrestling Club News
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Please consider forwarding this to your team.
This Sunday, March 19th, Sick Nasty Freestyle Club will be hosting a FREE CLINIC featuring Tim Pierson from 3-5 PM at Skyline High School. The point of this clinic is to assist wrestlers and families with the transition from folkstyle wrestling to freestyle wrestling. You will be provided an overview of the major rule differences between the two styles as well as some of the differences in strategies.
The goals of this clinic:
1) Better understand the rules of freestyle
2) Better understand the benefits of freestyle to those who want to improve at folkstyle
3) Better understand the strategies that advanced freestyle wrestlers use to win tough matches
Here are some senior events Tim has officiated:
Recently returned from the 28th Grand Prix Ivan Yarygin in Krasnoyarsk Russia.
2016 - He was selected to referee the Olympic Trials, 09-10 April in Iowa City. Also has been selected to referee the UWW Junior Pan American Championships in Barinas Venezuela .
The past few years he has refereed the
UWW Military Olympic Games (Korea).
UWW Military World Championships (USA).
UWW Cadet Pan American Championships (Brazil).
UWW Dave Schultz International (USA).
UWW Bill Ferrell International (USA).
UWW Arvo Haavisto Greco International (Finland).
US Senior World Team Trials.
US Open, University Nationals, Cadet/Junior Nationals (Fargo) plus a host of regional, state and local events.
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
I'm writing with an update on the CWC Banquet and hope this finds you in time to join us. The banquet is an opportunity to share our appreciation for the excitement and effort of the participating kids, siblings, parents, coaches, and volunteers involved with the CWC.
Below are a few of the details:
- Please RSVP with number of guests using "Shared CWC Roster" google spreadsheet
- Date: Sunday 03/12
- Time: 5PM
- Location: Charlottesville High School Cafeteria
- Use main entrance, cafeteria is ~75yards on the right
- We are responsible for returning the cafeteria to its original state.
- Trash, tables, chairs,...etc.
- Catered by Korner restaurant
- Participation Medals will be distributed
- Bring any borrowed singlets (washed)
- Take a shirt if you haven't picked one up already
- Spring session registration
I look forward to the banquet and hope you and your family are able to join!